Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Original Called Number in H.225 nonStandardData

Hi all,

We have some custom H.323 endpoints that we are using with Cisco IP Telephony (CCM+gateways) and in the case of a call redirection we would like to show the original called number as well as the calling and called number.

We know that Cisco sends the OCN data in the H.225 SETUP message as nonStandardData, but we don't know how to decode that information.

In H.323 V4 that information is sent as standard data, but we need to know the "nonstandard" method because we are using a h323 v2 stack.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks,

David

2 REPLIES

Re: Original Called Number in H.225 nonStandardData

The H.323 Version 2 gateway propagates the entire RDN or OCN IE from an incoming PRI message into the H.225 SETUP message. The IE is encapsulated in the nonStandardData field within the user-to-user information element (UUIE) of the H.225 SETUP message. The nonStandardData field contain the encapsulated RDN or OCN IE and a tunneled QSIG message, or it contained only the OCN or RDN. Cisco and other third-party H.323 endpoints can access the redirected information by decoding the nonStandardData field. In accordance with the H.225 specification, the nonStandardData is ignored by third-party endpoints and caused no interoperability problems.

Re: Original Called Number in H.225 nonStandardData

Thanks for the response, but I already browsed all Cisco documents including the portion you included here.What I really need is the format of the mentioned nonStandardData as we need to decode it.

David

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content