cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

orphaned extension

jseinfeld
Level 1
Level 1

Unity V3.1.5. Have no information on how the extension became orphaned. dbWalker could not locate it. The extension is in the table "dtmfaccessid" but is not in the "callhandler table". Any other utiltiies to help clean up? or a sql statement that would hit all the appropriate tables would be appreciated.

Any E55 clean up necessary? if so what attributes?

thanks.

8 Replies 8

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What's the parent object Id type in the DTMFAccessID table? Not all extensions are associated with a call handler - there are locations, distribution lists, name lookup handlers and interview handlers as well - and if it's an alternate extension for a subscriber it wouldn't show up anywhere in the local tables other than the DTMFAccessId table.

how are you determining that it's orphaned in the first place?

The parent object id type is '1'; I believe is a subscriber.

yes, that's a subscriber - I'm guessing it's a link to a global subscriber table entry that's been removed and a trigger missed cleaning up the DTMFAccessID table or the like.

Not too sure on the history of this particular extension, but according to the globalsubscriber table the right alias, display name and dtmfaccessid, are present. However, the extension was initially subscribed on the wrong unity server, unsubscribed , and then tried to resubscribe on correct unity server. We have 2 Unity servers v3.1.5 in the same E55 site, but different physical locations. What I see in the globalsubscriber be related to a failure in a clean removal from the original Unity server? Still in a quandry how to clean it up.

If the ParentObjectID value for that row in DTMFAccessId is not found in the subscriber or global subscriber table you can just delete the row right out of the table and you should be OK - I can help with an SQL query to verify the ObjectID is not found if you want...

Yes the SQL query would be appreciated. From my visual scan of the tables looks like I have to delete one row from dtmfaccessid and globalsubscriber respectively. Didnt see parentojbectid in globalsubscriber but did see the dtmfaccessid.

Thanks.

Actually, come to think of it dbWalker should spit out the ParentObjectId value for any row in DTMFAccessID that it couldn't find a parent for - if it didn't I'll need to fix that and publish an updated version - have you tried this?

yes, i did try dbWalker previously, that is why I started looking at the raw tables. dbWalker didnt flag the dtmfaccessid table row with the dtmfaccessid in question.