Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

OS_Disk3 Call Manager 3.3 install

Does anyone know what is the problem with our OS_Disk3 for CCM 3.3 install. At the screen after the hardware detection has completed it will ask you the following.

Please insert the CD titled:

OS_Disk3

This process wil continue automatically after detecting the correct CD.

The problem is the process never continues. The CD rom flashes but never changes screens. If put in another disk it will reject it as an incorrect CD as it should. This is the second copy of the CD we have recieved. Does anyone have any experience with this?

7 REPLIES
Blue

Re: OS_Disk3 Call Manager 3.3 install

You need the DVD Disk 3 which is included with the 2000.2.4 OS Disks. Call TAC and they will send you the correct media.

Bronze

Actually, TAC wont be able to send it either, they will just redirect you to www.cisco.com/upgrade.

Enter your contract number for the SW, and you will be able to order a new CD set.

Do I need a DVD player? We ordered the new set of CD's specific for the DL380 server. The hardware detection worked great but it does not get past the 3rd disk.

I guess that is why I cant read the contents of the CD on my computer?

Blue

Yes you need a CD/DVD player. Those ship standard with the new MCS servers.

OS 2.4 New Install

Did anyone ever resolve this? the MCS ships with a DVD drive. When it ask for disk 3 I put the DVD disk 3 in (I checked and it is DVD disk 3). The disk will flash for a second then does not go any further. TAC had me extract and file from the DVD to kill any partition that might have shipped on the server but that didnt change anything.

Any Clues?

What happened in my case was the software was incorrect for the hardware we had. We were using a DL380 and had to get the product number that said SW-CCM-3.3-DL380=. We were getting the same result as you are gettng.

There is software specifically made for the hardware you have. We had the following sent to us first

SW-CCM-3.3-UPG= which was wrong. Verify the product number.

I think may of us have had this same problem.

If you copy the file structure from the DVD onto a CD (leaving it all intact) and ensure the subdirectory has only the relevant image into, that works fine on a CD only server.

Views
Helpful
Replies