cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Out of Bandwidth error on phone when accessing vmail

rmwall
Level 1
Level 1

Several users are getting an "Out of Bandwidth" error message on their 7960 ip phones when trying to access their voicemail. The Unity server is on the data VLAN with the Exchange server. The CCM cluster and ip phones are in the voice VLAN. Is this message the result of contention on the data VLAN, and should the Unity server be moved to the voice VLAN? Or could this error message be the result of too few ports?

Rich

5 Replies 5

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That message will not be generated by Unity not having ports to answer the call. Something else is doing it. You might try posting this on the IP Telephony forum (more CCM folks out there) if youdon't get any good troubleshooting steps here.

The "Out of Bandwidth" message appears on the IP phone because the call is going over a a WAN connection. You wil probably need to take a look at how you have your CallManager Locations and Regions configured.

You get the message from CallManager when CallManager believes that you are out of bandwidth for the WAN connection used for the voicecall.

Yes, I believe you are right. I checked the voicemail ports in CallManager and they did not have a location assigned to them. I assigned one that matches the location in which the local phones are registered and will monitor. Thanks.

I updated the voice mail ports so that they have the same device pool (region) and location as the IP phones at headquarters. But I'm still getting the "out of bandwidth" error message on the phones. Is there something I'm missing? Do I need to bounce a service?

Yes, you will need to reset the Unity TSP. Only once they reregister will they be in the new devise pool.