cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

out of hours call handler

vdesilva
Level 1
Level 1

I am operating vsersion 3.1 unity running on its own SPE310 together with a version 3.3 of cms in a 2x SPE310 cluster

I need to define a call handeler that would after 18:00 hrs when an externa call is recieved do the follwing:

1. ring only a single phone (they perhaps belong to a specific hunt group that becomes active after 18:00 hrs) in every room across all the floors in the whole building using a different ring tone;

2. make it possible for the call to pickedup by any member of staff of the company and deal with the phone call in the normal way;

3a. if it has not been picked up and it is to a specific extension then divert the call to that extensions mail box;

3b. if it is to the general switchboard phone number then divert the call to the switchborad mailbox;

regards

Vernon

5 Replies 5

kechambe
Level 7
Level 7

Your best bet is to read this doc:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Audio%20Text%20Applications%20in%20Unity.doc

You aren't going to be able to get a different ring tone.

I'm not sure how a call would be 'to a specific extension' if Unity is going to be transferring it to a shared line either. A shared line means that many phones have an instance of the same line. Can you clarify this for me?

Thanks,

Keith

I was expecting to be able to create a "out of hours device pool" that shared the phone with the normal hours device pool

and the "out of hours device pool" to have the different ring tone

also to have an "out of hours hunt group" that would allow antbody to pickup the call

regards

Vernon

A phone can't be assigned to more that one Device Pool and ring tones are not assigned to devise pools either.

You can have an "out of hours hunt group" however.

Thanks,

Keith

how can I have a different ring tone

and only to a se;lected set of phones

otherwise the whole building will be sound like a fun fair whne there is a call after hours

regards

Vernon

The best that you can do is to change the Ring Setting for the line in CallManager. It allows you to set the line to Ring Once, Ring or Flash Only. Since it is done at the line level (not the phone level) the setting you choose will be consistent across all phones that share the line.

Hope that helps,

Keith

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: