cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbilling reports and connect

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

When running an Outbilling report, one of the column headings is Result, and under that it says for each entry Connect. If Unity fails to connect, will it state that under the heading or simply not make an entry? The reason that this has cropped up is because we believe that Unity did not perform a pager notification on several calls to this subscriber. All voicemails were delivered to the subscriber's Exchange mailbox, but only about half of them triggered a pager notification.<br><br>

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

it should make an entry and note that it didn't connect. However for pagers this is difficult to do (for notification dialouts to a human, this is easy). In the case of a pager, if we dial the number and pulse the DTMF out, it's consideres connected. If you have "detect connection" on the pager notification device it should wait until it thinks there's been an answer (i.e. ring cadence has broken) before pulsing out the DTMF. As such it's possible that if the timing is off (i.e. for a pager that requires a log in code of sorts) we'll note it as connected even though the page didn't get through.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Not applicable

That being the case, then it looks like Unity isn't sending out the notifications when the voicemails come in. The issue that we had is we only showed 4 notifications in the outbilling report which coincides with the technician saying that he only received 4 pages. When we looked in the mailbox, we had 8 voicemails (each of which should have triggered a notification). Is there a way that I can track this, or do you have a suggestion on how to track this down?

Not applicable

Can you email me the subscriber message activity report you mentioned? I'd like to look it over... it should at least indicate when a message arrived that needed notification services regardless of if the page went through (or whatever other notification device(s) were active). I'll have to test a 2.x build to verify how the logs look for situations where the actual connect sequence fails (i.e. we get busy) and the like to be sure of what's happening. It'd be helpful for me to look at what you guys are seeing and work from there...

I'll also need the specific version (including build) of 2.x you're running.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: