cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

outbound call to some specific phone numbers fail

geand
Level 1
Level 1

I´m running a callmanager 3.3.3(sr3) and a 2651xm with MFT-E1 as MGCP Gateway IOS:12.3(4)T2.

Outbound calls to some very few destinations fail during call setup.

If I´m doing a debug isdn q931 I can see that after a call-setup the following disconnect message is received at the gateway:

*May 2 23:26:52.077: ISDN Se0/0:15 Q931: RX <- DISCONNECT pd = 8 callref = 0x8

Cause i = 0x80D8 - Incompatible destination

Facility i = 0x91A109020200EC0201228100

- ETSI Supplementary Service, Invoke, AOC-D Charging Units: 0

Progress Ind i = 0x8288 - In-band info or appropriate now available

Calling this number from another PBX or the mobile works.

This happens only with very few calls.

Any ideas??

thanx in advance

2 Replies 2

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I'm not a doctor; I only play one on TV.

I did research your error and 0x80D8 - Incompatible destination :

80 - From the router.

0x80D8 - Incompatible destination :

Indicates that an attempt is made to connect to non-ISDN equipment. (For example, an analog line.)

This cause indicates that the equipment sending this cause has received a request to establish a call that has a low layer compatibility, high layer compatibility, or other compatibility attributes (for example, data rate) that cannot be accommodated.

This code is often seen when the calling device dials the wrong number, and ends up reaching a non-ISDN device. Therefore, verify that the number dialed is correct.

It could also be generated when a a data call was made to voice number, or a voice call is made to a number that only supports data. If the dialed number is correct, the telco may have configured their switch incorrectly.

So the question is: the calls to the destination that fails - are they voice calls or data calls?

H. M.

Hi H.M.

Well, I found this explanation by myself as well and checked this points described there.

First of all: It is definitely a voice call.

What I found out is that the problem seems to be related to the IPT environment, because when I switch to H.323 signalling between GW and CCM it works fine.

When I´m running MGCP it seems to cause this troubles with some few destinations.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: