Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Outbound dial problem with the EADS PBX

Dear All

I encounter an outbound dial problem with the EADS PBX. The topology is the Cisco 2611XM router using an E1 interface to connect the EADS PBX(the topology can not be changed). The EADS PBX has 60 copper lines to CO. The trunk link is using ISDN PRI and working fine. However, when my IP Phone needs to dial out. The IP Phone needs to dial 448(connect to the PBX internal specific number and get PBX dial tone) > 666 (PBX guys say this is their outbound access code, then get PBX dial tone) > 1234 (they say this is access code password, then get PBX dial tone) > 0 (CO dial tone). The PBX guys said it is the only way to connect outside(i think it is a lie). However, this is the situation what I meet and I cannot do any thing in PBX.

I know we can setup a prefix number in router or in CallManager. The result is I add a "prefix 448" in router dial-peer and user can ignore first digit without dial 448 now. I am thinking how to add all the prefix digits to make the user just push 0 to get CO dial tone for outbound dialing. That means I need to make router or callmanger to provide prefix digits 448 > 666 > 1234. Each digit needs a small time gap to wait the PBX gives the dial tone. I check document which said CallManager does not have pause function in prefix field. The router dial-peer command accept "," to have a second pause. However, when i added "," in prefix it does not work and the Phone hear nothing(no signal) until terminated.

Does anyone have the idea to solve the depressed question?

Thank you very much.

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: Outbound dial problem with the EADS PBX

Hello.

Try via translation-rule

for example

rule 1 ^0 448,666,1234,0

Then apply this rule to the incoming voip leg

via translation profile.

Then pots dial-peer

dest 448T

forward-digits all

Hello.

May be

rule 1 ^0 4,4,8,,6,6,6,,1,2,3,4,,0

Thank you very much.

Sorry, where can I set the rule. In CallManager ? In router ? Sorry I am not very familiar with this setting. Could you mind giving me more deatil information about how and where to set this rule.

Thank you

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.