Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Outbound dialing with no access code

I have a customer that is requesting that all calls to the PSTN be made without an access code.

Basically, pick up the phone and get dial-tone.

Is this possible with callmanager?

They would rather dial an access code to call internal numbers.

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Outbound dialing with no access code

I guess you could just use the @ symbol instead of using the 9.@. If you do it just using the at you could run into some interdigit timeout issues when calling local IP Phones. I guess they could use something like a * or something that would not be in the @. Because the @ has like 150 route patterns(not exact number) it would have [2-9]xx-xxxx. If you are using 4 digit DN's on IP phones then you would have to wait 10 seconds for the default interdigit timeout if you called a local ip phone. That would be a phone that started with 2-9. If you phones start with 1 then you could possible hit 1-[2-9]xx-[2-9]xx-xxxx. Then you would still have an interdigit timeout problem. If the IP phones DN's were 7 digits and you used the just the @ it should be okay. I know this can get confusing so let me know if you have any questions?

Thank you,

-Mckee

Re: Outbound dialing with no access code

The customers extensions are in the 2000-2099 range.

What if I just made a route pattern for 1xxxxxxxxxx?

This would mean that they would need to dial a 1 to get outside and shouldn't interfere with their internal range.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content