cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound DTMF - Callmanager 3.2

karimvirani
Level 1
Level 1

We are experiencing trouble with some called phone systems not processing dialed digits in their voice menus. For example, the number 888-777-4115 doesn't seem to process our outbound DTMF, but works fine with cell calls. I'm assuming it's a DTMF duration or amplitude issue. What do I experiment with to fix this?

Thanks,

Karim

7 Replies 7

karimvirani
Level 1
Level 1

Anybody?

Hi,

If you're using an H.323 gateway for the calls exhibiting this problem, go to Service Parameters, and try to change the parameter "H225DTMFDuration" from 300ms to somewhere between 100 and 200 ms.

If you're using something else, give us more detail on what kind of gateway and how it's configured.

gillins
Level 1
Level 1

when you say it works fine with cell phones do you mean if a cell phone calls that number. are you running mgcp on gateway? what ios rev?

Yes and Yes.

Gateway reports IOS Version:

(ICS7700-SV12Y10-M), Version 12.2(11)YV, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

electro22
Level 1
Level 1

Is this happening with all phone systems that require DTMF input? What type of connection to the PSTN is it? T1-CAS, PRI, FXO?

Also, check to see if your VoIP phone's display thinks the call is connected. The icon changes on the phone's display when the call is actually connected. CM may not be getting supervision saying the call is connected and therefore will not pass DTMF tones, HOWEVER, CM will pass the voice audio regardless of the connection state.

-Jaret

Our connection is T1-CAS

We've only had this problem with a few thirdparty phone systems, the majority work fine. And you may have it - when we call a problem number the line icon remains in the "ringing" state as opposed to "off hook", even while a voice conversation ensues.

What can we do to get callmanager good connection status? This number works fine with our old phone system, which is going out of service today.

Karim -

It sounds as if you are experiencing defect ID CSCea19218. The fix is to either change to h323 (poor workaround in my opinion) or upgrade to any of the follwoing IOS versions: 12.2(13)T03, 12.2(16.5)T, 12.3(0.1)B, 12.2(15)ZN

-Jaret