cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound LD calling fast busy

jefflingle
Level 4
Level 4

When making lond distance outbound calls, we inconsistantly get fast busy's. If you keep trying it may go through. Called PRI provider they are saying i'm not sending the CGN_TON. Attached is there capture. Any help appreciate.

7 Replies 7

rchilcote
Level 1
Level 1

In your gateway config in CCM set the "Calling party IE number type unknown" to National and the "Calling Numbering Plan" to National Standard. This should set the CGN_TON in the outbound Q931 message from unknown to National. Try setting these one at a time and reset the gateway after you update. I've only set this on gateways with the MGCP so I'm not sure if it effects H323 gateways the same way. Hope this helps.

Attached is the results of a debug isdn q931...

The first number I called was 309-691-1100, I tried it twice and it gave me a fast busy both times. The second number was 414-783-7000 it went through successful. The third number was 414-425-5909 and it gave me a fast busy.

The output shows even for the call that went through i'm sending unknown. Could this be a problem with my PRI provider?

Can you send that Q.931 output again for all three numbers you tried?

I would like to see if the call is making it to the gateway. (ie, not a CallManager problem.)

Do you need to dial a 1 for LD? Do you need to dial a 1 and area code for local LD? (That's a LD number in the same area code. I HATE when the phone company removed the 1 for local LD calls.)

What is the disconnect cause for these calls?

Are you sure the provider has LD configured properly on your line? I suppose you can try a 1010XXX prefix to select your LD carrier to see what happens.

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I've just had the same issue and I resolved it by changing the T310 timer to 60000msecs.

Goto Service>Service Parameters>and select the CCM that your phones are registered to and select the CallManager Service. Find the T310 timer and change.

Of course, if it takes 60 seconds to complete a call, that's no good.

What I was trying to state was that maybe these calls don't have long enough to be routed through to their final destination. He should be able to check from a debug Isdn q931 how long the calls are taking to set up and then fail and then adjust the timer accordingly. The Cisco default for T310 is 60000msecs.

hehe.

Check out this link I found. It's titled: Call Failure to Long Distance/Mobile Destination

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094487.shtml

60 seconds to get a progress message is still too long, but maybe certain parts of the country or certain providers are like that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: