Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Outbound PRI calls and Caller ID (Call Blocker / Privacy Manager issue)

Hi,

We have a 2650 acting as a H323 gateway with a PRI line. Previously customer had a PBX and outbound calls to employees homes who had the call blocker or privacy manager service would go through fine without getting intercepted by the call blocker/pm service. Now since the PBX was removed and using Cisco 2650 the outbound calls to these same employees always get intercepted by call blocker / privacy manager.

Looking at isdn q931 debugs on router shows the calling number # is being set to the PRI # for the location which is correct. Same # used that was on PBX. We have tried using the isdn calling-number' command and same thing occurs. Nothing has changed with PRI line provisioing or on the carrier, just CPE equipment.

Anyone have ideas whats missing, or if the 2650 isn't sending some information with call that is needed?

Thanks, Erick

4 REPLIES

Re: Outbound PRI calls and Caller ID (Call Blocker / Privacy Man

Erick,

I would check out the numbering type and plan IEs that are sent in the Q931 Setup message. Even though the Calling Party number might be the same, these IEs for numbering type and plan may have changed and these differences can be easily overlooked.

When you look at the Setup message for an Outbound call from a debug isdn q931, do you see that IEs as Unknown and Unknown? National and ISDN?

If they are Unknown and Unknown then try the following command under the D-Channel (serial slot/port:23 e.g. serial1/0:23):

isdn map address . plan isdn type national

Brian

Erick,

Below is an example of an outbound setup with the Calling Party IE using to Plan:ISDN, Type:National.

*Mar 1 00:16:40.525: ISDN Se2/0:23 Q931: TX -> SETUP pd = 8 callref = 0x0002

Bearer Capability i = 0x8090A2

Standard = CCITT

Transer Capability = Speech

Transfer Mode = Circuit

Transfer Rate = 64 kbit/s

Channel ID i = 0xA98397

Exclusive, Channel 23

Calling Party Number i = 0x21, 0x81, '123456789'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

Called Party Number i = 0xA1, '8005551212'

Plan:ISDN, Type:National

Thanks

Brian

Blue

What shows up on caller id when you make an outbound call? Make sure you are not just sending out the 4 digits of the phone.

Brian,

We have looked at the numbering plan and type and tried ISDN and national already, as well as unknown / unknown and other combinations.

pablevins, The # that shows up on phone is the # were dialing from and have configured. I need to find out still what users are seeing as a caller id # / name that don't have this option to see if its coming through correctly.

We also tried enabling display IE on Call manager which had no effect. We also removed area code from calling # sent with the outbound call.

I have watched the q931 debugs on each call with all the changes we made and all the debugs look good for what was / is configured.

I'm working with TAC on this also, and they suspect that the carrier might be expecting the caller info using the facility IE which isn't supported yet on current versions of Call manager. 3.3(3) and 4.0 add that. I'm trying to get hold of the customers carrier myself to see what IEs they are wanting the info sent in.

The only change made in this config was that the PRI was moved from a PBX to a Cisco 2650 that is the voice gateway, so theres something different in the way the 2 devices send out ISDN calls or include in the headers it appears.

Views
Helpful
Replies