cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outdial support on Unity

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Is outdial supported on Unity 2.4.6. Just to be understood, the feature i'm looking for is to be able to dial a voice-mail inbox enter with username password and by coosing an option been able to dial (based on a restriction table) an outside number. We are using Call Manager 3.0(9).<br><br>Pascal Beauregard

3 Replies 3

Not applicable

This could be accomplished by creating a Call Handler to dial the external number, and pointing to it with a Caller Input option in the desired mailbox.

Not applicable

Thanks for the quick response, but this is not exactly what I want to acheive. I want the user be able to enter the outdial number on the phone.

Let's say Joe is away from the office and he is calling the DN of Unity server. He enter in his Voice-mail inbox and enter a code to access the outdial feature. The system is asking him to enter the number he wish to dial. Joe enters the number on the dialpad of his phone and the call is processed.

Do you think it's possible? This feature is often available in Voice-Mail system.

Pascal Beauregard

Not applicable

What you are describing is a "free transfer" or "system transfer" capability. Currently Unity does not support this. Every number you dial in the system has to correspond to an ID of an object in the database, you can't just dial any number and have us blindly transfer to it.

It's not quite as common as you say... this is an invitation to rip off long distance service from companies and the like but there are some systems out there that support this.

This is being speced out for Unity 3.2 I believe. It will be a seperate conversation that needs to be accessed and the numbers you are allowed to dial is enforced by a restriction table. If you enter a number that doesn't pass muster you'll simply be told you can't dial the number.

No, I don't have a schedule in place for 3.2 yet... 3.0 is releasing the end of this month, that's as close as I can get you at the moment.

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect/Answer Monkey
Cisco Systems
lindborg@cisco.com
http://www.AnswerMonkey.net (new page for Unity support tools and scripts)