Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Outgoing Caller ID to H.323 gateway. CM3 Vs CM5

I am currently migrating a CM3 system to CM5.

All my users have DDI's but some would like to set their outgoing CLI to be the department CLI, rather than their original extension ID.

So if users A,B & C dial the PSTN, they would like callers to see the CLI as 555-1000, while users X,Y&Z would like callers to see 555-123X, 555-123Y and 555-123Z respectively.

I use a Cisco 1761 H.323 gateway to make outbound PSTN calls via BRI lines.

Now, on the CM3 system, I am able to set the outgoing CLI for extensions, on a per extension basis, by setting the "External Phone Number Mask".

This value gets sent out to the gateway and on to the PSTN.

However, on CM5, no matter what value I set for the individual lines, it always sends the real Extension Number to the gateway.

The only way I can override this in CM5 is by setting "Caller ID DN" to a value in the gateway config page.

But then ALL CM5 extensions making outbound calls using the gateway, seem to originate from that number.

Is there a way to set it like I had it working on CM3 ?

Thanks

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Outgoing Caller ID to H.323 gateway. CM3 Vs CM5

The Caller ID DN option in the Gateway configuration overlaps all previous configuration. will need to leave this field blank, and configure Route Patterns that suit

Views
Helpful
Replies