cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outgoing calls display only pilot number.

renzil
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I need to have the phone number of every phone displayed and not the pilot number. My setup is PSTN - ISDN-PRI - MGCP-Gateway - CCM - IP-Phones.

Now when I have the same E1 PRI linked to my PBX, I get the calling phones number so the possibility of the service provider misconfiguration is ruled out.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Brgds

Renzil

11 Replies 11

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Set the External phone number mask on each phone to the X (full E.164 10 or less digits - depending on your numbering plan). And on the route patterns (9.@ or similar) you should not put the main pilot number, instead check the option "Use External Phone number mask"

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

hi Shanky,

I did put the External phone number mask on each phone to full E.164 and also set the "Use External Phone number mask" under the route pattern.

I can see the Calling number as the full E.164 number in the debug ISDN Q931 but yet only the Pilot number is displayed.

Brgds

renzil

Do you have any route group/route lists ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Nope,

Under the route pattern config page, I have checked the Use Calling Party's External Phone Number Mask,

Calling Party Transform Mask as 2458XXXX ( The conplete 8 digit E.164 number )

Prefix Digits - Blank

CLID presenatation and Calling Name presentation are defaults

Is this OK ?

thanks

Brgds

renzil

You can do it two ways.

Dont set Calling Party transform mask on RPattern, instead just check external phone number mask option on the RPattern. On each phone;s line setting, set the External phone number mask to full 10 digits.

OR

Dont check external phone number mask setting in the Rpattern, set the Calling party transform mask to 2458XXXX and that should take care of it. (In this case the external phone number mask for each phone neednt be set).

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Ok,

I will try both these tomorrow and let you know.

thanks again for all your suggestions.

Brgds

renzil

hi Shanky,

Do you need to check the Dispay IE Delivery box under the PRI Protocol Type Specific Information on the Gateway Configuration page too ?

I guess its unchecked by default.

Thanks

Brgds

Renzil

Hi,

Following is the debug. Any advice whats the issue with only pilot number being displayed ?

Thanks

Brgds

renzil

ReadersUK
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Renzil

i have an identical problem to yours, i would be very intereseted if you get this working.

colin

hi,

my issue is resolved now. Actually the service provider is expecting 3 digits in the called id field of the user and not the complete 8 digits.

Brgds

renzil

Hi Renzil

That makes sense. How did you restrict the number of digits you send out?

regards Colin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: