Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Outgoing calls to mobile numbers

We have just implemented a new cme 4 system, and have an odd problem when dialling out to mobile numbers.

Initially during setup the same problem arose when dialling out through our local telco, we would dial out to a mobile number and if the user of that mobile disconnects the call without answering, the ip phone would continue to ring, disconnect messages where not getting back through, however we resolved this with the command "voice call convert-discpi-to-prog".

The problem has started again since we configured another pots dial peer to go out through an alternative carrier.

Same as before dial a mobile number, user disconnects without answering the call, and the ip phone continues to ring.

I was investigating the progress_ind setup/alert/connect commands, but so far no luck.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thankyou

4 REPLIES

Re: Outgoing calls to mobile numbers

Mark,

From my understanding you have a PRI connected to the CME system. Inbound calls to the IP phone will continue to ring even after the user disconnects from the PSTN. Correct?

Does this happen to ALL IP phones on the CME system?

Does the problem occur on inbound calls from both mobile phones and landlines?

Its a E1 using the first 18 timeslots.

Sorry I think you misunderstood its the other way round, when an ip phone initiates a call through the gateway out to the pstn and calls a mobile, if the mobile users disconnects the call without answering the call, the ip phone still heres ringing even though the mobile disconnected. It only seems to happen when ringing mobile numbers.

Thanks

Do you happen to have the 'debug isdn q931' messages when the problem occurs? Its probably your best way to narrow down the problem to the PSTN or CME. What is your IOS version?

Sorry I didnt get back to you straight away, I actually fixed this problem by issuing the following commands on the pots dial peer in question.

progress_ind setup enable 3

progress_ind alert enable 8

Also something strange about the progress_ind alert enable 8 command, you have to type in the full command for it to take, if you do progress_ind ? to list options, alert is not listed as an option.

Thanks for help and interest anyway.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content