Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Outgoing number digits manipulation

I have 2 Cisco MGCP gateways each with E1 PRI. PRIs are connected to different Telco providers. Provider 1 wants to receive calling number 1234567 and called number in format <city code>XXXXXXX provider 2 wants to recieve calling number in format 7654321 and called number in format XXXXXXX.

I want to make some trick - when one PRI is down or busy switch outgoing calls to another PRI. I can join PRIs into a RouteList and RouteGroup and route calls into the RouteList.

But how can I perform called number transformation and calling number transformation which depends on destination PRI?

I've tried with Translation Pattern. Generally it works but transformation doesn't depend on a destination PRI.

1 REPLY

Re: Outgoing number digits manipulation

The Route List allows for digit manipulation of the Route Groups assigned to it. Leave the pattern the way the user dialed and do all of your digit manipulation inside the Route List. When in the Route List window on the left hand side you will see your added route groups. Click on a route group and it will take you to a window where you can modify called party digits.

Example,

RL-PSTN

includes

RG-PSTN-GW-1

Calling Party Trasform Mask

Called Party Transform Mask

XXXXXXX

Discard Digits

PreDot

RG-PSTN-GW-2

Calling Party Trasform Mask

Called Party Transform Mask

XXXXXXX

Discard Digits

PreDot

This will achieve your results so when a call is routed out a RL and it's corresponding RG it will get translated accordingly.

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content