Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Outside access code in calling number on IP Phone screen

If a call arrives on an IP Phone, the calling number appears on the screen.

If I want to redial this number, I have to prefix the number with a 9(outside access code)

How can I configure the voice gateway or the callmanager to display the calling number already with a 9, so I can redial the number immediately.

How can I do this with international calls, because there I have to prefix the number with 9 001

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Outside access code in calling number on IP Phone screen

I had to do this awhile back and I am unsure if recent CallManager releases have made this any easier, but basically the key for me was to create a translation rule on my voice gateway to manipulate the calling number and insert a 9 1 for domestic and 9 001 for international.

Basically, check out this command:

Router(config)# voip-incoming translation-rule calling (name-tag)

This "specifies the translation rule set to apply to all inbound VoIP call legs that originate from an H.323 gateway." Where name-tag is the reference number of the translation rule. Valid entries are 1 through 2147483647.

Great digit manipulation doc: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080080aec.html#1244453

I forgot to mention the down-side to this is that users will see the 9 1 and 9 001 on their display. Some people don't like that.

Re: Outside access code in calling number on IP Phone screen

OK,

but how can the translation rule make the difference between a domestic call and a international call?

For example Raleigh calls Nashua on 1 603 8747150,

the call arrives on the Nashua gateway with as calling number 919 5638952

This is a domestic call, and we have to prefix the calling number with 9 1 to recall it.

Example 2: Belgium(Europe) calls Nashua on 1 603 8747150,

the call arrives on the Nashua gateway with as calling number 32(Belgium) 3 8217300

This is an internation call, and we have to prefix the calling number with 9011

This is a domestic call, and we have to prefix the calling number with 9 1 to recall it.

Regards, Peter.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.