Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Outside calls don't transfer to VM

Hello

If I dial one of my extension (3502) and there is no answer call manager transfers the call to my unity pilot number (8000) with no problems.

If I dial the DID that is translated to ext. 3502 I get a reorder tone if no one answers. It won't transfer to VM the way it should. I have Unity 4.02 VM only with exchange 2000. Call manager 3.3(2)spC. ANy suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Bronze

Re: Outside calls don't transfer to VM

There is no concept of failback codec with regions, but there is with the dial-peer. You can create a voice-class and specify a list of codecs, then assign that class to the dial-peer. This will allow you to have a prioritized list of codecs that can be used by the gw.

6 REPLIES
Blue

Have you checked the Calling Search Space that is assigned to your gateway to be sure it includes a partition with the 8000 route pattern?

Cisco Employee

I have seen this before when there is a stray entry in digit analysis or a possible call routing loop. Try deleting the problematic extension from the phone, then reboot CCM, then add the extension back to the phone. Please clarify on the inbound call, do you get reorder tone after the CFNA timer expires or do you hear almost endless ring and then reorder? /Wes

Thanks for the replies,

After I set the VOIP dial peer to g729 it worked fine.

Also sounds like you have a bigger issue that may plague you down the road. Your regions need to be set to allow g711 as an alternate CODEC. The CODEC change on the dial-peer should not affected that if the region is setup right to fail over to g711 as the default. I took the Unity 3.0 class and I think I remember this being a problem.

I may be wrong that has happened before. :)

Bronze

There is no concept of failback codec with regions, but there is with the dial-peer. You can create a voice-class and specify a list of codecs, then assign that class to the dial-peer. This will allow you to have a prioritized list of codecs that can be used by the gw.

True, Thats the way I have it setup g729 is listed fist the G711 second in my voice-class . This is an awsome site with a lot of good info.

Views
Helpful
Replies