Views
Helpful
Replies

Outside calls not being forwarded to Unity voice mail

roy.bernardo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I have a Unity UM integrated with CCM. I have configured CCM such that if the phone was not answered on a certain number of rings, it will be forwarded to the voice mail. Internally, local to local, the calls are forwarded to Unity with no problems. But when an outside call initiated the call, it returns a busy tone instead of the Unity voicemail system.

Hoping you've got some answers... thanks

Roy

5 Replies 5

bianderson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Roy,

Are your Unity Voicemail ports in a partition that is in the CSS allocated to the Gateway for inbound calls? Sounds like it could be a gateway CSS issue.

HTH

Bill.

Hi Bill,

We have not defined a partition on the Voicemail ports. Do we have to create them? We can access them via local (ip phone to ip phone).

Regards,

Roy

Bill,

We have a pilot number for voicemail setup as 1201 (16 ports). This is in hunting group.

Accessing this via the local phones, it responds. But when accessing it on outside lines, it returns a busy tone. We have an auto-attendant setup to manage incoming calls, wherein I can dial the extension number of the person that i'm looking for. Can I dial 1201 from there? I tried dialling it from there and it returns that the said number is out of service.

Help is very much appreciated.

Roy

pbarman
Level 5
Level 5

Set the CallManager service parameter "Disable Alerting Progress Indicator" to True.

Check, if that helps here !!

This was defaulted to False. We changed it to True, but the problem still exist. Do we have to reboot the CCM?

Regards,

Roy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: