cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outside Calls not transferring to Voicemail

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

I have a call handler instructing callers to dial a parties extension at any time. If I get to this call handler from an internal phone the call is transfered to the users extension, rings the phone and if no answer then goto voicemail - this is working correclty!! But when a caller calls from the outside they are transferred to the call handler, enter a valid extension, the extension rings 3 times and then the user is thrown back to the call handler - not the extensions voicemail box. <br><br>Any ideas on this? or how to even start troubleshooting it would be greatly appreciated.<br><br>

6 Replies 6

Not applicable

Can you provide the call information that shows up in the CallViewer.exe when this call forwards back to voice mail when the caller is internal? External? Can you also provide the "real" call information: the DN of the phone that was transferred to from the call handler, the DN of the internal phone used for testing, the caller ID of the external caller if available? Also, what are the Unity, CCM and TSP version numbers?

Let's see what shows up in the CallViewer.exe

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

Here is the call log from an internal call:

"Call #","Origin","Reason","Trunk ID","Port ID","Dialed Number","Calling Number","Forwarding Station"

"3","Internal","Fwd(Unconditional)","0","1","7099","7003","7099"
"4","Internal","Fwd(Ring no answer)","0","1","7006","7003","7006"

The internal call was placed from 7003 and called 7099(CTI ROUTE POINT) and then dialed 7006 when I reached the call handler

Here is the call log from an external:

"Call #","Origin","Reason","Trunk ID","Port ID","Dialed Number","Calling Number","Forwarding Station"

"5","Internal","Fwd(Ring no answer)","0","1","7090","7852283570","7090"
"6","Internal","Fwd(Ring no answer)","0","1","7006","7852283570","7006"

This call was placed from an outside line and dialed 7006 when call handler picked up.

DN 7090 is a shared line that rings all IP phones in the office - it is configured to forward on a no answer to DN 7099 which is a CTI route point. The route point in turn forwards everything to the voice mail ports 8690. I have a call routing rule that sends anything forwarded from 7090 to go directly to the location specific call handler. This is where the problem starts for just EXTERNAL calls trying to dial an extension. External callers can navigate through the call handler to the directory handler and that works fine. But if a valid extension is dialed then the extension rings three times and then the call is sent back to the call handler.

Unity 3.1
Call Manager 3.1(2a)
TSP ????? (not sure where to locate this)

Not applicable

I am going to check into this in-house. The TSP version number can be determined by the file properties on the \Winnt\System32\AvSkinny.TSP file. There's also instructions in the TSP release notes on how to determine the version number of the TSP.

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

TSP Version

File Version 6.0.1.0

Product version 6.0(1)

Not applicable

Well, I am kinda scratching my head on this one, but can you try getting rid of the routing rule that sends anything forwarded from 7090 to go directly to the location specific call handler, and instead, placing 7090 into the Extension field on the call handler's profile page? It shouldn't make a difference doing it one way or the other, but who knows.

Are there any other call routing rules?

Steve Olivier
Software Engineer
Cisco Systems

Not applicable

After looking at the routing rules again last nite I finally figured it out. The call routing rule I was using was a "Forwarded Call" rule. It was based on the "Calling Number". The calling number was set at the router where the calls came into. I looked at the log and the "caling number" stayed the same throughout the transfer. So when the call was transfered to the users extension and there was no answer the call then was transferred back to Unity with the SAME calling number - therefore the rule matched and again played the greeting for the call handler.

Thanks for your help and pointing me in the right direction.

Chad Gray

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: