Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Outside dial tone after the 9

Hi,

I want to know if there's a way to force the outside dial-tone right after the access code "9" ? Even though there are still lots of patterns that could match ? I've read a few posts and no one seems to have found a solution for that. My users are complaining because when we migrate them from the old legacy PBX to IPT, when they dial a PSTN number, they don't have the DT, so they think the system is not working and they open a trouble ticket. So, we really need to be able to force the DT after the 9. Any ideas ?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES
Green

Re: Outside dial tone after the 9

-Make sure that your Route patterns for outside calls have the bix for provide outside

dial tone checked

-Make sure that you don't have any other DN, or callpark, meetme number, any other number

that will start with 9> if so, that will cause the delay dial tone. Since Callmanager

will have to wait for a second digit to find out if there are no match before matching it

to Route pattern.

I have checked the box to provide outside dial-tone.

I do have lots of RP's beginning with 9, but in different partitions & CSS, since we're doing tollbypass and also because we have remote sites and their call routing is different to send to the right 911 center. Everyone has to dial "9" to access the PSTN.

There MUST be a way to force the DT after the 9.

I don't think there is anyway to "FORCE" the dialtone on one specific route pattern, as there are many that could match, and it will wait for the most specific match to cause action. Check all of your route patterns and make sure all that start with 9 have "provide outside dial tone" clicked on.

Next, if you are still having problems, you MIGHT be able to check the "allow overlap" on your desired RP. I'm not 100% sure if that will work or not, but you can try it pretty easily. Now, i will say that if you have duplicate RPs, this could be problematic, and it's not the way to go long run, esp if you are planning to scale your cluster.

Next, check, all route patterns that start with 9 (Route Plan -> Route Plan Report). This will tell you all of the patterns that start with that. One reason I suggest this is that you might see something that is not 100% explicit - like an internal route pattern for a call pickup group number or something like that. If you have any other 9start patterns, you will have to change the numbers for them otherwise, you may never be able to fix this, other than creating new PTNs and adding them to calling search spaces for the individual lines just for PUGs...all that mess.

HTH.

Loy

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content