cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Overhead Bell

mjcavanaugh
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to configure the Call Manager so that an incoming call to an IP phone will also ring on an overhead bell that is attached to an FXS port? Has anyone done this? I need to find a way to make this happen.

Thanks,

Michael

5 Replies 5

bcowley
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, you just need to make the FXS port the same extension number (shared line appearance) as the phone. Your gateway must be configured as MGCP to do this; H323 will not work.

How is it possible to make the line available for anyone to pick up? Group Pickup? Is there any other way to do this? I am trying to avoid adding every user who can pick up the night bell to a call pickup group.

Thanks in advance.

Assign that line it's own Pickup Group Code. Anyone who knows the pickup code should be able to lift a handset, press more, press GPickUp and dial that code to receive the call. The user doing the Group Pickup does not have to be a member of that group.

Does the user who is picking up the call need to be in any call pickup group? From what I've seen it's necessary and I'm trying to get around that.

Yes. They do have to be a member of at least one pickup group in order to use any of the call pickup buttons on their phone. They do not have to be in the same call pickup group to do a group pickup though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: