Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Overhead Paging System via 3660 FXO

CM3.2(2a), 3660 w/ 12.2(2)XT3 w/ FXO port to Bogen ZPM3. H323 configuration something like:

dial-peer voice 20 pots

destination-pattern 200

port 2/0/0

voice-port 2/0/0

timing hookflash-out 50

IP phone dials 200, FXO port status flashes green briefly then disconnects.

I have implemented this type of config successfully at other client locations. Using a butt set directly to the T & R connections yeilds preample tone (in other words it works with an analog device).

I suspect an IOS or CM issue, a TAC case, and lots of debug baloney.

;-)

Any help would be appreciated before I go this route.

5 Replies 5

gshonting
Level 1
Level 1

From the manual I read- http://www.bogen.com/pdf/54-5891-03.pdf this can be either loop-start trunk, ground start trunk (either can be FXO), or a station level port (which needs an FXS). Make sure you have the right connections.

Understood. I have implemented this same config before at other client sites and was looking for something new related to changes in IOS or CM software.

Brian,

What was the outcome of this problem?  I am in the same situation.

Thanks,

Dan

were u able to fix the issue? please put up the solution and gateway config. thanks.

The config on the FXO port is correct.  Verify if you need power or not and you won't be able to tell by looking directly at the paging system.  I would suggest to get a TAM-B w/power supply as you'll need it with your FXO.  This usually solved issues I came across dealing with paging connectivity issues

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: