Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overhead Paging

We are trying to integrate a Lucent PagePac paging system. The problem is, we hear DTMF tones fine over the page, but voice cannot be heard. Does anyone have any experience with this particular system or problem?

3 REPLIES

Re: Overhead Paging

I had the PagePac working fine with the cm-ip system. customer decided to swap out the PagePac with a Valcom anyway, and unfortunately, i don't have any of the PagePac documentation.

But from what I remember there are dip switch settings in the unit that you need to check. I remember having to set a switch for loop start trunk in order for it to work with the fxo card.

Rob

Rob-

Do you recall if you had to enter any special digits from the phone, after dialing the paging system to activate the paging system. It appears from the PagePac documentation that it is looking for some special digits from the phone (ie #), we have tried this, with no luck, we can still only get the DTMF tones and no voice to transmit. Thanks for your help.

Julie

Julie:

Yes. From what I can recall with the PagePac, customer would hit the Page key and then dial a 2-digit number. Unfortunately I can't remember what they used to dial but on most paging systems, once the user gets the "paging tone" they dial another code that activates the speaker(s) in a particular zone or all the zones.

For instance, with the new Valcom system my customer has, they dial 681 from the ip phone, hear a Valcom tone, and then dial a 4, which activates all speakers in the building.

Rob

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content