cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Overlap Sending

lkneschke
Level 1
Level 1

I read in the documentation, that CM 3.1 is supporting Overlap Sending with mgcp gateways. This is a very important feature here in germany.

But i can't find any documentation how to enable this!?

Has some overlap sending working?

Cu

7 Replies 7

mimckee
Level 1
Level 1

There is a new service parameter for Cisco CallManager in 3.1 it is called SendingCompleteIndicator. This is what is used to turn on or off overlap sending. Here is the description of the parameter. If set to True, all outbound calls through a PRI interface that uses an ETSI based protocol type will include a sending complete indicator in the outgoing SETUP message. This effectively indicates that all these outbound calls use enbloc signaling, not overlap sending procedures, for call setup.

Thank you,

-Mckee

Hm, this parameter was set to false already. But nothing changed.

When i use debug mgcp events, i can see that the callmanager is not sending any packets, until the interdigit timeout is over.

So, there must be something more! :)

Cu

What gateway are you using ?

Overlap sending support through PRI ISDN (CCM 3.1):

non Cisco IOS gateways-DT-24+, DE-30+, and WS-6608-T1/E1

Cisco IOS gateways (MGCP only)-VG200, AGM, and Catalyst 4224

With CCM 3.2 support for MGCP and IOS based Gateways is extended (2600,3600 with Software 12.2(2)XN)

(We have the same problem in Austria !)

Juergen

I have Callmanager 3.2(1) with 3.2.1b Patch and 2 VG200 with E1 interface.

Yes. Now! :)

Very interessting.

Cu

You to set the service parameter SendingCompleteIndicator to False and need following pattern "0.". Then overlap sending with MGCP and PRI should work.

Cu

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: