cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Paging/intercom with Avvid how to

guckengc
Level 1
Level 1

Just a little FAQ for those of you trying to do paging with Avvid.

You need a VG200 with a FXS card. We are using Bogen as our third party paging/intercom solution. Set the paging hardware to station/co. Set your FXS voice-port to ground start. We had a little issue with timing on the Bogen system but set the VOX timers to 3 secs and it works great! Paging over ip who would have guessed.

You also need to setup your gateway, FXS and Directory number in CallManager. Look for the "Add DN". You actually click on the words. They need to make this look more like a button.

Here is my config from the VG200:

Current configuration:

!

version 12.1

no service pad

service timestamps debug uptime

service timestamps log uptime

no service password-encryption

!

hostname vgpage

!

enable secret XXXX

enable password VG200

!

!

!

!

!

ip subnet-zero

ip domain-name company.com

!

mgcp

mgcp call-agent 172.20.0.2

mgcp dtmf-relay codec all mode out-of-band

mgcp sdp simple

mgcp ip-tos precedence 5

!

!

!

!

ccm-manager switchback immediate

ccm-manager redundant-host 172.25.96.2

ccm-manager mgcp

!

!

!

interface FastEthernet0/0

ip address 172.25.96.20 255.255.240.0

speed auto

half-duplex

!

ip classless

ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 172.25.96.1

no ip http server

!

snmp-server engineID local 0000000902000003E348C4A0

snmp-server community public RO

!

voice-port 1/0/0

signal groundStart

!

voice-port 1/0/1

signal groundStart

!

dial-peer voice 100 pots

application MGCPAPP

port 1/0/0

!

dial-peer voice 101 pots

application MGCPAPP

port 1/0/1

!

!

line con 0

transport input none

line aux 0

line vty 0 4

password VG432

login

!

no scheduler allocate

end

Good luck.

3 Replies 3

geremy
Level 1
Level 1

It was good to read your post. I struggled with this issue at a client's site, but managed to skin the cat another way.

The only way for the router the interface with the paging system was via an TOA Brand Amplifier. I had a 3660 to work with and my attempts with an FXS module failed. But I got it working with an E&M card instead.

I set the voice port signalling type to immediate-start and then created a dial peer and assigned it a destination pattern. There was a bit of feedback so I also applied some echo cancellation.

voice-port 3/0/0

echo-cancel coverage 16

description E&M port for Paging

signal immediate

dial-peer voice 100 pots

destination-pattern 6000

port 3/0/0

I had the Call Manager route the destination pattern to the router. No problems. And the best part is, I have users paging the main office from a remote WAN link.

Again, paging with IP, who'd a thunk it?

What are you referring to when you mentioned "paging system"? I am converting from a Meridian PBX with external paging through TOA amplifiers. I need a solution to interface a Cisco/Call Manager system with overhead paging. From your description the router/E&M port is interfacing directly with the TOA amplifier. If this is correct, I would like to know more about it.

Regards,

Erik Hensersky

We have a Bogen Paging system and a VG200. I tried your config but it doesn't seem to work. How did you set the paging system to Station/CO? Ours has a punchdown block which allows a "loop-start trunk" or CO groundstart" connection. Incidentally, if you're a Station can you be a CO. Station would equate to FXS and CO to FXO...

Thanks in advance,

Brian Carscadden

Sr. System Engineer

CCNA, CCDA, CIPT

TransNet Corporation