Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paging Recommendations

Need to get a paging solution for multiple buildings that are separated by at most a few miles and are interconnected w/ T1s to a central location.Is berbee the best solution? If not who is? And, lastly what are people's experiences with these products?

Thanks for the advice.

IL

7 REPLIES

Re: Paging Recommendations

Don't know about best or worst (how bad could a paging solution be??) but you can check out VanillaWare (www.vanillaware.com) as I think they have a paging solution as well.

Berbee offers their InformaCast, but has a minimum phone license count... if you only have 30 phones you must purchase their minimum...say 100 (not a real number)

Anyway, we should get something with Call Manager... I mean, for what we pay for it... right?! ;-) And doesn't CCME come with paging ability? Oh well... I can keep hoping!

Hope this helps

-Dennis

Bronze

Another method with CCM would be to use either an ATA-186/ATA-188 or FXS port connected to a Valcom paging controller which is connected to a speaker(s). The Valcom units can be either single or multi-zone and have background music playing if so desired. We are using a Vacom model V-9970 tied to a Nortel PBX. This should also work just fine with the CCM but I haven't tried it yet.

Hmmm. Very interesting theory. Know how much they go for??

I'm curious now

-Dennis

Speakers are not an option as the building owners don't want them installed. It looks to me like Berbee or the Norstan NIPA appliance are my two best bets. Any opinions on either product and/or company?

IL

Take a look at http://www.corvero.com/ They have an application server that does rapid & broadcast paging and call recording for IP phones. The paging can be done over phone or thru text messages sent from the web interface. The nice thing about this is the server is meant to handle different applications (you can even build your own) but you don't have to buy them all at once.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, any Valcom unit looks for ground start or loop start which is an FXO, not an FXS, which means an ATA won't work.

BC

You definitely would want to reconsider using ATA's. They do not support supervisory disconnect and this has caused many issues when integrating to overhead paging systems. Keep with IOS based FXS ports if you need this type of integration. That or Informacast from Berbee works great for phone based paging.

You definitely would want to reconsider using ATA's. They do not support supervisory disconnect and this has caused many issues when integrating to overhead paging systems. Keep with IOS based FXS ports if you need this type of integration. That or Informacast from Berbee works great for phone based paging.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content