Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paging solution?

i need a cheap paging solution for my office - any ideas? the infrastucture from the old phone system is still intact so maybe i can use that?

thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: paging solution?

Can you provide more information such as the manufacturer of the phone system?

We have used Valcom paging units for overhead paging installs. If your system has some available ports that would typically be used to connect to a telco such as an FXO port, you can connect paging systems to those, then program an access code to page someone. For example, many businesses press 9 to access the outside telco lines to make calls. You could program the system to access the paging system by pressing another access code such as 8 or whatever works in the dialing plan, and it would route out the port you programmed to get to the paging system.

Hope this helps!

Kevin

If you have an overhead paging system in place and an available FXS or FXO port, this works very well:

http://www.bogen.com/products/pdfs/telephonepagepdfs/TAMBs.pdf

You can get one for $150

You can go to Graybar and or Anixter and pick up a single zone Valcom for next to nothing if you have an FXO or FXS or ATA. I have used all three successfully.

I am currently using a ATA 186 to open a gate in a truck yard.

Person pushes a call button I have the ATA set up as a PLAR when the security desk picks up and talks to the driver then they hit #9 the gate opens.

Valcom also sales a IP enabled system made just for IPT.

Please Rate if this helps.

www.valcom.com

www.graybar.com

www.anixter.com

thanks everyone!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content