Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paging to Mulitple IP Phones

Hi all,

I know this topic has been discussed quite a bit here and in other forums such as the cisco-voip mailing list (here if you are not aware of it as it is a great resource https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/cisco-voip) which I have posted to as well, but I have a sudden need for someone to dial an extension (or press a button) and all phones at the site auto answer to speakerphone for paging purposes. I'm aware of the different 3rd party applications that can do this, but we just need this simple function and not all the other features of these products that I'm sure are rather costly for a site with just 20 phones. I've seen people getting intercom.asp from the IP Phone SDK working with multicast which I'm assuming is doing exactly what I need to do, but I'd like to confirm that if anyone has any experience with it.

Does anyone know the quickest way to accomplish this with CCM 3.3.5? I've only been given a couple of days notice to make this work and it seems like the options are:

1. 3rd party software (probably not cost effective for what I need to do and the number of phones)

2. CCME? I understand it has an intercom feature, but I really don't want to do this based on this site having 7960s with a different CSS for each line and I'm not sure if it intercoms to mulitple phones at once with auto answer.

3. intercom.asp? This sounds the most intriging if it actually does what I think it can do. Does anyone have a script they can share? I saw some here on Netpro that were posted, but unfortunately have expired and are no longer available to download. I have been unsuccessful in getting it to work at all which I think may be due to MSXML issues on the web server (i.e. my laptop).

I appreciate any and all input!

Keith

9 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Paging to Mulitple IP Phones

there is no way for callManger to do this for you by itself.

the best you can get with CCM alone would be to assign a shared line to all the phones in question and setup an 'intercom' scenario.

the problem with this is that a shared line cannot be configured to 'autoAnswer' which is what you would like. also, there is the shared line restrictions where a user would have to barge in on a non-private shared line call to hear the message. this does not sound like it would be your solution.

you will need a third party device/system to accomodate 'paging' functionality for multiple phones that does not require user intervention to receive the page.

http://www.berbee.com/public/berbeesoftware/InformaCast.aspx has InformaCast which is very nice. there are many, many options for paging if you search the web.

Thanks for the info.

I'm mostly looking to find out how to get intercom.asp to do multicast paging as I've seen others in the forum saying they have gotten it to work. I don't think it will be feasible to spend a bunch of money on Berbee's software (which I'm sure is really good and feature rich) for just a simple paging function.

Any info on getting intercom.asp to do multicast paging is what I'm hoping to find.

Thanks!

Keith

"the problem with this is that a shared line cannot be configured to 'auto Answer' which is what you would like"

Funny you mention this. It reminded me of something I fell into one time. I actually configured this exact scenario by accident by importing a bat file with shared lines and auto answer on and it worked for paging multiple sets but after the import I could not add further lines. Its like the bat tricked the ccm into letting it happen. Anyway I am sure it is not a supported thing or anything and may not work on all software version's but it did work on 4.1.something.

Now that is interesting. I'm running 3.3.5, but I may try it just to test it out. I am fairly desparate to get something to work!

Thanks for sharing your experience. ;)

Keith

Let me know how it turns out. I am interested to know.

We're currently doing it that way. We can page all of our phones via multicasting.

We run into a couple of issues but they were related to phone association/username. We managed to go around those and evrything woorks fine.

We are curently converting the existing application to a web-based application since currently runs on vbscript code embeded in MS Outlook forms (what I'm familiar with).

Hello. I have been search for ways to broadcast intercom messages to all IP phones and came upon your post.

Would you have any working configs/setup files that you could share with us (apitzner@harrisburgu.net)? We are trying to setup a similar thing for our Human Resources Dept to be able to broadcast emergency notifications.

We are a new startup University, so we would prefer to use as much native functions as possible without relying on 3rd-party applications.

Thank you in advance.

Unfortunately I never got anywhere with this so I have nothing to offer. :(

We are trying to set something similar up at a new University. Did you customize the intercom.asp from the IP PHone SDK to get this to work? Could you share your method of implementing this?

Thank you in advance.

apitzner@harrisburgu.net

Views
Helpful
Replies
作成コンテンツを作成するには してください