Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Part of Digital Networking working

I have (2) Unity 4.0.2 servers in the same AD domain. Each site has Exchange 2k UM user’s off-box (separate Exchange clusters)....(East [ECO] & West [WCO] coast offices)....working perfectly! Each office nested within various OU's in AD.

They requested networking the (2) systems so spell by name directory, forwarding msgs via TUI, handler searches work seamlessly between either system. I create a dialing domain and put both servers in it. Updated Directory Handler searches to be "Dialing Domain" and used Adv Setting Tool to set "Auto Attendant SearchScope" to 1.

Our East office works perfectly. Spell by Name finds users on either system. AA search scope works perfectly. Dial any extension at either site in AA and it transfers perfectly and subscribers can forward messages to West coast users.

Here's the issue... The West coast system will only allow subscribers to fwd msgs to East coast users. Spell by Name only finds WCO users and AA search scope doesn't work.

I read through some posts and TAC notes so I re-ran the Perm Wiz as well as ConfigSetup and made sure the users scope is at the root of AD. I believe the issue may be the AD search scope but I'm not sure where else to look to verify. Another thing to note is that the WCO (non working side) has Unity failover so there are 2 servers to be concerned with. I've taken the failover server down during testing...just in case. Doesn't matter...still doesn't work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob Thornton

rthornton@team-sos.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unity 4.0.2

Win2k SP3

SQL 2k sp3

Exch 2k UM off-box

NEC IVS 2000 PBX w/ MCI

12 ports each w/ D/120

WCO has failover

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Part of Digital Networking working

On the primary location object on both servers, what's the "Limit Searches to" field on the "Addressing Options" page set to for both west and east coast? It sounds to me the west coast may have it set to the default "local server" - this value restricts what subscribers can find in the spell by name - the name lookup handler has it's own scope that it sounds like you've set correctly for outside callers.

Re: Part of Digital Networking working

Hi Jeff...

Both are set to "Dialing Domain". They both belonged (past tense) to dialing domain "%companyname%". I believe I tried setting "Global Directory" on both as well just to check but no avail.

I've been motivated to start the config all over so after resetting the parameters back to default...(removed from dialing domain, etc)....I decided to start on the ECO end and create a new dialing domain (last time I started on WCO). What I'm finding is that the dialing domain created on the ECO system is not showing up in the drop down on the WCO system. (I created it about 2 hrs ago and AD replicates between the sites every hr). Can you tell me specifically where Unity queries (assuming some sub-OU in AD) for the dialing domain info? Or where I can go to see where each Unity server believes the dialing domain info is stored? I believe last time that the dialing domain created on WCO was selectable on the ECO after replication. I may have objects not reaching the West coast DC's (just a thought)?

It's odd that I can address msgs to ECO users so it's not that it doesn't see subscribers. I also ran DBWalker this morning (which came out clean) and it reported 50 more subscribers in directory than on the local system which tells me it's seeing the other subscribers as well.

Views
Helpful
Replies