Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Partition and CSS

Hi,

I have a user who comes into the office once a week. When he is away from his desk, all his calls are forwarded to his home phone, when he is not in the office.

When he comes into the office, he logs into a phone, and his device profile has no call forwarding, so that he receives calls at his office phone desk.

I have used a different partition for his DN on his device profile, and his handset DN also is in a different partition.

The problem is that, other users cannot dial his partition (eg internal) when he is not logged on, but can reach him when he is logged on his phone with his device profile in partition (Local).

The reason is that other user in the office, have their phone partition in Local. Both partitions are in a CSS called office. I thought this would work, but I am having issues.

Any suggestion. Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: Partition and CSS

Local user which CSS are using?

Simply you have to put the "internal" partition into the CSS that Local users's lines are using. (remebre to put it at the right point in the order).

I have had a similar problem, and solved so.

Re: Partition and CSS

Remember the Rule..

A calling serach space is an ordered list of partitions.

CSS Australia

partitions

Sydney

Melbourne

Adelaide

Perth

Brisbane

Darwin

If my CSS is set to Australia I can call anyphone thats in any of the above partitions.

Allan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content