Views
Helpful
Replies

Partitions and Calling Search Space

Pabloduarte
Level 1
Level 1

I have set up a Calling search space with some Partions one is for

long Distance and the Other is for Local Calls.The Long Distance Partition Uses a different gateway than does the Local Calls Partition. However when I place a call everthing goes to the Local Gateway.

I would like to know where I could look at to see which Route Group and/or Route Pattern the Call matched and thus routed.

I have gone over my configs and see no way how the long_distance call chose the Local route/gateway.

Thanks

Pablo

4 Replies 4

mschlenger
Level 3
Level 3

Hey Pablo,

You should be able to fix your problems easily. Couple of things:

1) Make a specific 7 digit route pattern for local calls and apply the 7 digit dial filter. (i.e. 9.XXXXXXX)....send this to your local gateway/route list.

2) For Long distance, create a new partition (Like LD_PT) and apply it to your CSS that your phones reside in.

3) Now, here's the key....create a new 9.@ route pattern in your newly created partition (LD_PT) and apply a route filter for Long distance dialing. ( I don't remeber exactly which...but there is just a couple tags you need to indenitfy in the route filter)...send this to your long distance gateway....remember to make the digit strip value on your route group configuration (if applicable) as it overrides the local route pattern.

4) If your customer will be dialing international, you will have to repeat the above steps, and setup a route filter for international dialing (Internatial dialing exists with no other tags)...and send that to your LD gateway as well.

Typically, LD providers want the PBX/Gateway to strip the "1" off of your LD numbers, so you'll have to create a 9.@ route patten so you can apply the Digit strip "Predot 11D-->10D". This stips any leading 1 or 0. Finally, on your LD gateway, you may want to change the gateway numbering plan from Cisco Call Manager to unknown....I've had LD carriers have issues with the way call manager attaches labels to outbound calls with PRI's. But only do this if you're having problems.

Good luck,

Mike

Hey,

Mike this was a very good help,

I had done everything you said and have verified the two different

route patterns in the Route Plan Report.

I have verified both my Local Filter and Long Distance Filter,

However when I dial 9,(7 Digits) and 9,1(10 Digits) both call go out my

Local Gateway.

I would like to know if there is a trace file or something similar that lets me

figure out which route group/route list the Dialed Digits matched and thus made the call out throug the local gateway.

Thanks

ok...still having problems...check these few things.

1) In the configuration you speak of, I would have 3 separate route patterns

9.XXXXXXX

Phones-PT

7-digit dial route filter

Local-RL (which contains a RG that defines my local gateway 1st)

Discard predot

9.@

LD-PT

LD-Route filter (with 3 tags...Local area code, office code, and subscriber EXISTS)

LD-RL (Which should have the Predot 10D-->11D discard, if applicable, on the route group and should contain the LD gateway 1st in the list. Otherwise, predot should suffice)

9.@

INTL-PT

INTL- Route Filter (international dial EXISTS)

INTL-RL ( which should contain the same gateway as above....this just allows you to manipulate the route group ... discard only Predot)

The Css should be similar to this:

Example-CSS

Phones-PT

LD-PT

INTL-PT

The key to this confuration working are the route filters along with route groups etc. If after you mimic this configuration and you still have problems, look at /program files/cisco/trace/ccm and look for the latest trace file being generated to do some further in depth investigation.

Mike

Hey Mike,

Thanks for all the Help,

My problem was with the Filters.

I did not specify them enough for them to filter out my long distance Dialing.

I had a 7 digit filter that only had Local area code Does not exist and end of dialng does not exsists. I add the Country Code and International Access does not exsist parameter to the Filter and the Long Distance calls started routing through my LD Gateway.

I guess my filter was to vague ,

I will keep working on perfecting the filters,

I think you need to make sure all the "Does not exsists" values are set instead on "Not Selected."

Thanks again

Pablo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: