Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Partitions and Calling Search Spaces with Multiple Clusters

Does anyone have experience configuring partitions and CSS between multiple clusters?

I have a situation with 2 clusters. The phone lines in Cluster 2 have to be placed in partitions and I would like the phones in cluster 1 to still have the ability to call these phones.

It was explained to me that I must recreate the same partitions and CSS in cluster 1 that appear in cluster 2. Then assign the CSS to the phones and/or gateways in cluster 1 that should have the ability to call cluster 2.

I have done this and it still does not work. (Fast busy signal) Am I missing something else or is there another solution?

I know that my intercluster trunk is configured correctly because as soon as you remove the phone line from a partition, the call can be completed.

I have turned on trace in Cluster 2 and tell from the info provided that no match is being found when digit analysis occurs.

Thanks for the help.

Kelly

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: Partitions and Calling Search Spaces with Multiple Clusters

In CCMAdmin for Cluster 2, go to gateways and pull up the device or devices for Cluster 1 and make sure that the CSS that you assigned includes the partition(s) that the phone lines in Cluster 2 are in.

You certainly do not have to recreate the same partitions in CSS in different clusters. But keep in mind that when calling from Cluster 1 -> Cluster 2, that from Cluster 2's perspective, it is processing a gateway call from the Cluster 1 gateway to a phone. So the Cluster 1 gateway device has to have the appropriate CSS.

Views
Helpful
Replies