cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Partitions & Calling Search Space

Fady Hwalla
Level 1
Level 1

I want to configure partitions and calling search space, but i have extention mobility on.

our offices are Open Office, so i want to give International Access to certain Users, and National Access to the rest on their Device Profiles, and when they logout, they would be able to call Internaly inside the company ONLY.

the problem is that when someone is loged in is calling someone who is logged out, he get a busy tone.

how to make this scenario works?

thanks.

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure that the line's partition is listed in the CSS of the device profile, this way even when a user logs out the device is still reachable. For example assume you have a device with DN 1000 in partition extension-pt, and css-internal, you sign in a user with device profile that has extension of 1000 in the same parition (most common setup), and a CSS-unrestricted. What's important here is that both css-unrestricted and css-internal have access to extension-pt.

Chris

chris,

there will be a problem because if you have both (device and profile) in the same partition you will have in both the same css too.

assume you have 2 partitions "logged-in" and "logged-out" and the user is in the state logged out you will reach the user only if your css have the logged- out css in highest order. if the user is logged in then you will reach the user when the css has the logged-in partition in the highest priority.

greetings

mehmet

You can assign a CSS at the line level to allow the international dialing. The device CSS would have an access to all patterns except international, the line would not have an CSS assigned, but the device profile line would have a CSS allowing international dialing. This way the combination of line and device CSSes would create the desired COR.

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: