Views
Helpful
Replies

Passing VoFR over a 160X/250X network

jcasqueiro
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there !

I have a FR network with a 2500 on the hq and 1600's on 3 remote sites all running basic IP images.

We are going to put some IP pabxs on all of the sites directly connected to the ethernet and I would like to know about sample configs/info on QoS to implement on the Ciscos to pass the Voice traffic from these pabxs over the FR network.

Some questions to be clarified would be: Can we and shall we configure separate PVCs for data and voice (on the same interfaces), shall we make provision for any queuing techniques, is the basic IP image enough to do this or do we need other type of images ??

Thanks/Brgds

Joao

1 Reply 1

r-cortes
Level 1
Level 1

Joao,

Make sure that you have the appropriate code levels. Your best bet is to make sure you have something in the 12.2 arena. As far as your particular models, I am not sure if they support the QOS functions you will need, but I would seriously consider upgrading those routers to either a 1720 and a 2600 or just get 2 Cisco 2600. 1600's are quite old and you run into the likelyhood of overrunning the processor. Once you get everything sorted out email me at rcortes@parker.com and I can provide you with some more detailed configurations.

Regards,

Rich

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: