cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Password for dial from IP Telephone

ecanelo
Level 1
Level 1

We need HELP to use password for dial from any IP Telephone( example 7910, 7940, 7960)to other side, the password is for dial when we need call to any Users in special to PSTN end user.

We have Call Manager 3.2(2c), what is the recommendation?

Thanks

Ernesto Canelo

5 Replies 5

Currently, there is nothing in 3.2 or 3.3 for authentication codes. There are a couple of third party applications that use an IVR function to give you this. Last I heard from Cisco SE's, this is still something that they are looking at, but that it would not be here until CY2004.

htsiartas
Level 1
Level 1

am not aware of password feature

but what you can do is set up partions and Calling SS

and create a Routepatter like 8989.@

so only the phones extentiona that you define will have to dial 8989 to get an outside dialtone.

the only problem is that will need to create this partion for every different PIN that you need to create and also when a user dials the Pin will be shown on the screen.

I tried this workaround and it works find all you need is a little extra effort to defind different PIN but the problem is in the 7940 and 7960 phone. If you go to the directory - Placed Call - you can see the number dial by the user on the directory including the predot number that you enter. So it means that everytime you a user dial using the dialing pattern with PIN, you need to instruct the user to clear the history on the directory.

ecanelo
Level 1
Level 1

We have working the workaround from eight mounths ago, we have defined different PIN but it's vulnerable the problem is in the 7940 and 7960 phone. If you go to the directory - Placed Call - you can see the number dial by the user on the directory including the predot number that you enter. So it means that everytime you a user dial using the dialing pattern with PIN.

Now we need any software for to protect the Call(placed and new), Pls. Cisco can send me any answer?.

You can use CRS 3.X running on a separate server or co-located on CallManager. Basically you can configure all LongDistance or International calls to go to go to the IVR, you enter your pin which looks at a table in SQL and sends the call. Only number you will see in the Placed calls directory is the outbound number and not the PIN. Up until CM 3.0 the placed call directory would only show the number that was sent to the gateway. Unfortunately this functionality was lost and according Cisco has no chance of returning anytime soon. This feature has been requested via TAC though. Again, your only option is to use CRS/IVR to implement PIN Codes. Email me at adignan@berbee.com and I can send you the ivr scripts you need to make it work. All you have to do is by the server and the software.......

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: