Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

passwords

I'm changing the Unity service account password using the following: <br>http://avforums.isomedia.com/cgi-bin/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=ipswitch&Number=3606&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=change password&Match=Entire Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=3604<br>Are there any implications if I changed the Administartor accounts password in NT - this was'nt the account I used to install Unity or Exchange with?<br><br><br>

• Other Collaboration Voice and Video Subjects
2 REPLIES
Anonymous
N/A

Re: passwords

If this account wasn't used to install Unity/Exchange, changing the password on it shouldn't have any effect on those services, since they will start with the service account used to install them.

You can check your services applet to see if any services start with that Adminstrator account and update the password accordingly. The majority of NT services just use SYSTEM and don't need to be changed.

Scott Morgan
Cisco Systems TAC

Anonymous
N/A

Re: passwords

Changing the password in the service applet for the Unity services is OK, however Exchange shouldn't be done that way. There will be problems with Exchange.

It is done in Exchange Admin in the site configuration properties.

Randy Pierce, MCSE, MCP+Internet, MCP
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.