Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pb with MOH streaming from gateway

Hello,

I'd like to stream MOH from the local gateway in my remote sites.

I configured everything and it works well in SRST mode.

But, when I'm in normal mode (CCM), I can't hear any music.

I issued a "show ccm-manager music-on-hold" and everything seems to be fine :

Current active multicast sessions : 1

Multicast RTP port Packets Call Codec Incoming

Address number in/out id Interface

===================================================================

239.1.1.1 16400 0/0 20032 g711ulaw Lo0

When I use ethereal, my computer (which is behind the computer) can capture the audio stream and replay it but I can't hear it on the phone !

If anyone can help ...

Thanx !

Bastien.

12 REPLIES

Re: Pb with MOH streaming from gateway

Try upgrading the phoneload and see if that helps. Also let me know whether you dont hear anything at all or just tone on hold.

The phones load is already upgraded but nothing is changing.

I also have this problem when I try to make a call from the outside ... That's why I don't think it's about the phone load.

I don't hear anything. Not even a tone on hold ...

Do you have "ccm-manager music-on-hold" command and "ip multicast-routing" turn on?

Yes, those 2 commands are configured on the gateway.

Remember that I can capture the music with a computer connected behind the phone. So the moh is well sent to phone ...

Are the same multicast parameters configured on the MOH server in CCM? And is the Phone's MRGL include a multicast enabled MOH group that includes the server with the same multicast IP?

Remember, with multicast MOH, CCM only tells the phone to listen on a particular multicast IP and port. In your case, the actual source of the traffic doesn't necessarily have to be the CCM MOH server. But CCM must tell the phone to listen for MOH on 239.1.1.1 16400. It won't do that unless the MOH Server, MRG, and MRGL are configured that way.

I'm posting this now to get you looking at it. I'll follow up with a link showing how to do it as soon as I find it. ;-)

Let me know if this helps by rating the post.

Michael

Here's the link I was referring to. It details leveraging SRST Multicast MOH for remotes.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00802d1c31.html

Michael

Yes, this document got 'Local MOH' working for me.

Hi,

I am in the same boat..I can get MOH streaming from the router to PSTN calls, but my internal MOH between phones doesn't work. If I switch to the IP of the Publisher MOH, I can get the inside MOH to work, but to the PSTN no longer works. I think I am close, and I see from another post you are handy with this MOH on SRST gateways! Thanks!!

I've just noticed that the audio stream is sent on port 16400 and not 16384.

So I changed the port in my gateway configuration and the audio stream can be heard on an outside call.

To see on which port the ccm ask the phone to listen for moh, I made a debug "h245 asn"

It still not working on internal phones but, now, I have a tone hold ...

I'm close !!

Thanx for your help.

I've donne everything you told about multicast on the CCM. I verified again and follow the link you gave me ... Everything seems to be ok.

I would have one question : I have several multicast audio source. I know that we can use only one audio source with srst gateways but does we have to configure audio source n°1 in the device pool ? or could it be the n° we want ?

Silver

The thing to keep in mind here is that you are fooling the CM into believing he (or a resource he knows about) is playing that audio source, even though there is no actual multicast traffic going across the WAN. So, CM directs the phone to listen to a source by telling it to listen on a multicast address/port, which the CM sees in his list of audio sources. As long as there is a file in the router flash that is multicasting on that exact same address/port, the phone will pick it up. So, if you have a different source you want the phones to hear, make sure that is the file in the router flash, and it is multicasting on the right address/port. The problem is if the phone is told to listen to a different multicast source, he does not have one there in the router, and since you do not actually enable multicast in the WAN, the CM can happily think the phone is listening to a stream he directed when in fact no packets are going across to the phone.

Mary Beth

Yes, I got mine working last night. You are correct in every aspect. I also found that since I had two MOH servers, the endpoint would connect to one server or the other, making a consistent address and port impossible. I put one MOH server in it's own MRG and added that to the MRGL for the devices I want local MOH. Not having the other MOH server in the MRGL is not a big deal, since I won't be using anyway, except to configure a MOH source to spoof. It took me a little while to figure out what was going on, since I could get MOH on PSTN calls, but not internal, or vice-versa if I changed to the address of the other MOH server.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content