cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PBX calls to Unity are dropped

TOM EVANS
Level 1
Level 1

I have users on a PBX system connected to a T-1 tie line. When PBX users call an extension and the extension forwards to Unity, the calls are dropped. If Calls are made from within the system or from the PSTN, the calls get transferred to Unity. PBX calls complete when a user answers the phone or if the calls are transferred to another extension and that user answers the call.<br><br>

5 Replies 5

eschulz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What kind of PBX is this? What type of voice boards are in Unity? Can you call Unity directly from an internal phone? from the PSTN? Can Unity make outbound calls (i.e. message notification)?
-Eric

I am going from a G3 switch to an H.323 Cisco router gateway, accross a T-1 to another H.323 Gateway to a Cisco CallManager version 3.1(2)c to the Unity version 3.02. All calls to these phones from anywhere will go to voice mail except the call originating from the PBX.

Thanks

Tom

Ah, that makes it interesting. I'd wager the calls are being dropped before they even reach Unity.
What signalling is on the T1? CAS? QSIG? ?
Can PBX users call directly into Unity?
Place an IP phone in the same Calling Search Space as Unity. Can PBX users call this phone directly? Can PBX users be forwarded to this phone?

Not applicable

Check your CODECS all the way through. It might not hurt to install the G.729 CODEC on your Unity box and see if the problem goes away.

--Cael

That was it! The gateway had to be changed to g.711.
Thanks for the Info

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: