cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PBX exam..

jcooper24
Level 1
Level 1

I am having problems passing the PBX fundamentals exam on certification.net. I have even asked PBX engineers who have worked in the industry for years and they can't answer some of the questions! Does anyone have any tips? It does seem to be an extremely hard exam for a "fundamental" exam

7 Replies 7

Anita Dulude
Level 1
Level 1

On CCO there is an elearning tutorial for PBX Fundamentals. That should help. I have worked in the voice industry for 10 years and also agree some of the questions weren't relevant and definitely weren't fundamental.

Good luck

srajeswaran
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

what are the questions u are stuck with. read on sip and its based on http protocol, and for one question on the 110 model, its at&t, some on h 323 signalling and please let me know which questions, so that i will try to do my best.

my mail id is sraj@micronet.com.sg

with cheers,

raj

dfarnan
Level 4
Level 4

The IPT technology certification requirements have changed. The PBX Fundamentals exam has been replaced by the Telephony Fundamentals although PBX Fundamentals exam still seems to be available.

Right, this exam will not be longer mandatory, in the new version of IPT specialization

BUT, people engaged in the certificatin before end of the year, so in the old specialization model still have to validate that exam.

This exam is only needed if you plan on being a partner or reseller. It is based on all aspects of voice. I have been in voice for almost 10 years and some of the questions also threw me. I passed it the first time, but some of my network guys it took them 3 or 4 times.

Either the PBX fundamentals or Telephony Fundamentals exam will satisfy either the old or new requirements. I verified this with the folks administering the specialization. Both are still there in case someone really wants to take the PBX fundamentals exam.

I found the EVVOD test very strange. PBX was not that hard. Email me some questions so I could help you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: