Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

PBX to PBX across the WAN

I am trying to interconnect two PBX'x across the wan w VOIP. I need to get the D channel across for MWI and supervisory signalling. Each PBX is connected to the PSTN. They are in a network slave relationship. I have a 2600 and 7200 router with Controller cards and FT1.

The examples on CCO don't really cover this very well. Also the 2600 only supports Network National for protocol emulate. Thanks

4 REPLIES

Re: PBX to PBX across the WAN

When you say you have looked on CCO have you examined this link on ccs cros-connect: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fvvfax_c/vvfpbx.htm#59857

Essentially you want to pass the D channel clearly, so the protcol is unimportant, but what PABX and what protocol are they using?

Thanks, not sure if that helps. We have two Option 81's and they connect to a 2600 and 7200 both connections configured as a PRI. One side Master one side Slave. "D" channel needed for mwi, etc.. I didn't see anyhting specifically mentioning ISDN PRI. Will CCS work with PRI? Thanks

Jim

If you are talking PRI, I read this as basic telephony, in which case I would not really expect any supplementary services. For this I would expect a private signaling protocol QSig, DPNSS or variants of such. For QSig (the foundation being Q.931) there is support on the 2600s etc. but the level of support may depend upon the version of IOS and the level of support on the PABXs. Do they talk with all these facilities on a leased line or back to back already? CCS should work with any D channel signaling protocol; just remember that it is just a "tunnel" so there can be no intelligence in your network.

Cisco Employee

You may want to also look into TCCS. This will pass the d-channel and b-channel info transparently. It will appear to the PBX's like they are back to back.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content