cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PC gets diconnected from LAN while on a call

jecker
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running CM 4.2 with a cisco 7940 phone. I have a Toshiba PC plugged into the phone. Whenever a call is made, LAN access to the PC is cut off. If the call goes on hold, the PC is fine again, but once the call is resumed, the PC can not connect to anything on the LAN. Other laptops and machines work fine, only this laptop seems to be affected. I tried different phones and diffrent runs, but the issue still remains.

Does anyone have any ideas what could cause this. I don't see how it could be the PC since the PC is in the data VLAN and phone is in the voice VLAN, nothing should be affected. I have cat express 500 switches, could these lower model switches be causing the problem?

4 Replies 4

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

the PC port on a 7940 can handle both voice and data VLAN.

Also, if this is happening only on 1 PC it could be an issue with the PC and not the Phone. Do u have any special config on the PC ?? The best way to find out what is happening is to collect sniffer traces/span the switchport

Hi all,

I have the same problem with Laptop Toshiba Tecra S2 but Tecra S1 and S3 work fine.

And with my Tecra S2 when i use Ethereal it work fine and no connection when i close Ethereal.

Pls can any one suggest me the right solution.

Thanks.

Which software are you running on the switches - please upgrade to latest. Unfortunately series 500 are known to have issues.

After updating my NIC dirver from Marvell site, all working fine with all Laptop.

Good luck

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: