Views
Helpful
Replies

PDL - Can't Delete User

JoshMiller
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm running Unity 3.1.3 with TSP 6.0.2, CM 3.2.2C + SPC.

Bug ID CSCdv28089 is status Fixed in 3.1 but I seem to be getting same symptoms. PDL is created based of of All Subscribers DL. I can't remove subscribers from new PDL. Clicking Remove seems to complete, but after checking the name still exists.

TIA

3 Replies 3

oliviers
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hmmmm. The PDL that was created off of the existing PDL...was that created with Unity at a version that was previous to the fix for CSCdv28089? That could cause this.

Can check to see if the member of the new Unity PDL is actually on the new DL (Ex55) or Group (AD)in the directory?

Yes, the original PDL (All Subscribers) was created automatically during the 3.1.1 install (from CD). I patched the server to 3.1.3.

AD looks like it has duplicate Groups possibly due to the customer attempting to delete and recreate the Unity DL. Regardless, the users to all appear in the AD Groups.

The whole problem with the DDTS you had mentioned was that the problem occured at the creation of the second PDL based on the first. The problem was that the existing subscribers on the first PDL were not actually in the AD group that corresponded with the secod PDL; they were only in Unity's SQL DL table.

If the system was patched, it would help for any future PDL creates (based off of an existing PDL); it wouldn't remedy any previously created PDLs in that matter.

If the user(s) that is causing trouble with the delete is really on the AD group that corresponds to the Unity PDL, there shouldn't be a problem removing that subscriber. If the subscriber is not in the AD group, then it's going to cause problems for the Unity delete from the PDL.

The best thing to do at this point is to determine for sure if the subscriber is really in the AD group that corresponds to the Unity PDL we're trying to delete the subscriber from. If the subscriber is not in there, try adding the subscriber via AD Users and Computers. Then try removing the sub from the PDL in Unity. Odd, huh?