Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

per call bandwidth and gatekeeper

In one of Cisco documetation says that Cisco CallManager gatekeeper requires 128 kbps for G.711 and 20 kbps for G.729 per call. Does anybody have idea why Cisco comes up this fugure? In other word if we use gatekeeper as CAS bandwidth will be dramatically reduced comparing by using centralized location method?

1 REPLY

Re: per call bandwidth and gatekeeper

I found a URL that has the following on it "The maximum number of active calls allowed per zone depends on the codec used for each call and the bandwidth allocated for the zone. With Cisco CallManager, G.711 calls request 128 kbps and G.723 and G.729 calls request 20 kbps. Use regions in Cisco CallManager to specify the type of codec, and use the zone bw command on the gatekeeper to specify the available bandwidth. For example, the following command allocates 512 kbps to the LHR zone"

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/c_callmg/3_1/sys_ad/3_1_2/ccmsys/a02cac.htm I think you misread the information as it is stating that it requests the kbps not requires. I hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies