cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Permission wizard not seeing the domain

i.sampson
Level 1
Level 1

When I get to the page on the permissions wizard, it does not see the dmain for the msg store.

Any ideas?

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What's your version of Unity?

What version of the Permissions Wizard are you running?

Can you tell us a little about your network/Exchange topology here?

Which account are you running PW under?

I didn't see a response to this, but I am having a similar issue. Running PW, I can change the three user accounts, but when I get to the next screen, which is titled 'Set Active Directory Containers for New Objects', there is no domain in the Domain field and doesn't seem to be any way to enter one.

I think I am running PW 2.0.0.16.

I am trying to install Unity 4.0.2.

Another server on the same subnet is the PDC. This is a small lab network. One forest, one tree, one domain, two servers...Unity and PDC.

I am running PW while logged in to the domain Administrator account. It is a member of Administrators, Domain Admins, Domain Users, Enterprise Admins, Exchange Domain Servers, Exchange Enterprise Servers, Group Policy Creator Owners, and Schema Admins.

Problem solved. I found a tech note on configuring DNS for AD and made a couple of changes to the DNS server based on this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: