cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

permissions problems

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

When I click on the Unity Administration shortcut to open the page I get<br>"access denied your windows domain account (unity\administrator) is not associated with a unity subscriber. You cannot access the UNITY admin pages. What do I need to do?<br><br>

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

The process Unity goes through to authenticate an account and allow access to the SA goes like this:

We take the NT account/PW from the user requesting the web page and we ask Exchange which account this NT user is associated with. Assuming there is an Exchange account associated with it, we make sure this Exchange account has been “enhanced” to be a Unity Subscriber (custom properties are added to the record when you import that user into Unity). If they are a Unity subscriber, we look at their COS reference to see if they have access to the SA and, if they do, we build the page.

From what you describe, it sounds like it’s failing at the first step. If it fails later you’ll get a different error message saying your account doesn’t have rights to access the SA and to talk to your administrator.

The most obvious problem would be that the NT account you’re logged in as isn’t associated with an Exchange account that’s setup as a subscriber.

If that’s not the case, it may be that the NT account you’re logged in is associated with multiple Exchange accounts and Exchange is returning to us one that is not a Unity subscriber. In this situation the account Exchange returns to us is unpredictable…

Jeff Lindborg
Unity Product Architect
Active Voice
jlindborg@activevoice.com
http://members.home.net/jlindborg