Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Personal Address Book

Where is this database?

Is it possible to put data to this book?

I mean for example put some data from some source....

I mean... for example we want have 2 address book. One personal and one common...Then we can create fake user and have address book for him.... It will be common address book.

So we can acces to few books with different UserID...

But it is very interesting to put data to that book from outside....

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: Personal Address Book

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. In short, a Personal Address Book could be created to be "shared" by creating a bogus user, and as long as all the people you want to access know the PIN for that user, then they can subscribe to the service, just as if it were their own Personal Address Book. And then they can also have their own address book in addition to that.

It is clear....

I mean ... just for example...

Company have some address book... in some database...

And they want download this information to that bogus user address book ... to share old contacts... to every body....

So obviously we have a question..

Where is this (bogus user) database is stored...? And What is format of this database?

For example we know were are database for WA user...

Cisco Employee

It is stored in the DC Directory. If you have the user already created in the Global Directory and you want to synchronize with an external source then the easiest source is to use the Windows Address Book that you can use with Outlook/Outlook Express. Note that I am referring to the address book here that gets stored locally on a PC, not the Contacts that are stored on the Exchange server.

If you look in the Plugins page on the CCMAdmin you will see a contacts synchronizer application there. You can use that to sync the address books together. Make sure that you have entered at least one phone number field (work, home, mobile) on each of the people in the address book that you want to be able to dial from the phone.

Hello davgoodwin,

Our customer has there customer name/number list in excel, over 1500 entries for one call center office.

Could you point me in the direction of how to import this into the windows address book that then can be sychronized with the pab?

Thanks in advance,

email: bhough@necbns.com

Views
Helpful
Replies