cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Personal Assistant Question

e.silva_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have installed CM 3.1, Unity 3.0, PA 1.2(1)

My question is about a problem when i try to access my voicemail via PA, the PA ask me about my PIN number, I type it, then the PA say me " I´m sorry i can´t access your Unity Mailbox"

Any Ideas what is happening ?

3 Replies 3

jhopkin0
Level 1
Level 1

The PIN used in PA's voice mail browsing feature is not your Unity PIN as you might think. Try using the PIN for the user account from Call Manager (DC Directory). Also, make sure your recording format on Unity is 7/8kHz, otherwise PA will not be able to play back your messages.

Hope this helps ...

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

And just to be awkward, the PA will only be able to log you into UNITY/Exchange if the user ID you use is a unique characteristic of the Exchange mailbox.

As an example,

My ID in the corporate directory is paul

my excahnge mailbox has my first name as paul

my colleage (who joined later) has an id of paul2

his exchange mailbox has his first name as paul

PA can not work out which mailbox you are trying to access. To be fair Cisco do mention this in the release notes for PA 1.2.3 (which you should upgrade to if you are using Unity 3.0), but no update to the admin guide. I personally think that this info should be splashed in 24pt text on page 1 as it is going to catch out so many people.

have a look in the PA log files (the one ending in CAL) and you'll see if it can resolve the exchange mailbox.

Paul

j.tomek
Level 1
Level 1

1) PA and Unity must be in same Windows domain to browse voice mail by PA.

2) You must set some more privileges in Exchange where Unity stores voice mails

Useful URL is http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/assist/assist2/parel12.htm#xtocid2536216

Jan Tomek