Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Personal Assistant ringing wrong line appearance

Our 7960 phones are set up so that they each have two line appearances of the same DID. i.e. Line 1 is 7000 in partition 1 and Line 2 is 7000 in partition 2.

PA was added into the mix and now Line 1 is in the PAManaged partition and line 2 is still in partition 2.

When calls come into 7000, they now ring line 2 and not the PAManaged line. I set up my CSS and partitions just like Cisco says in their doc. Is there any trick to get this working right, like deviating from their CSS guide?

2 REPLIES

Re: Personal Assistant ringing wrong line appearance

I now see what's going on here. Let me rephrase the question:

If I have 2 line appearances of a DID, and I set the 1st line to the PAManaged partition, how do I keep the 2nd line appearance from being the exact match for the digit pattern instead of the interceptor ports?

It almost seems to me that PAManaged lines cannot have dual line appearances.

Re: Personal Assistant ringing wrong line appearance

You need to change the calling search space on the gateway so that it can't get to the second line, or the first partition it finds is the PAManaged partition.

It sounds like the way it worked befor was you had a CSS with P1 and P2 in it, such that the gateway could make a call to either line. Now you no longer have P1 but calls still get to P2.

Paul

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content